Thank you for your interest in offering career exploration opportunities to South Dakota students. The South Dakota Week of Work can provide you valuable exposure as an employer. By giving students a look at a day in the life of your business, you can help shape the state's future workforce and you just might meet future employees.
+ How do I participate?
- Participate in a virtual panel discussion with other professionals from your field. Businesses will be grouped, three per panel, with a moderator facilitating discussion for about 40 minutes. We will share registration information in the DLR Employer Connection E-Newsletter.
- Record a video about the occupation(s) within your business.
- Tailor to high school students: aim to excite them to be your future workforce
- Include business name, location, and occupation highlighted
- Highlight one occupation (Want to highlight more? Feel free to submit additional videos!)
- If conditions allow, consider offering in-person opportunities during the Week of Work, or anytime:
- Job shadows through your local DLR Job Service
- Contact a local school about being a guest speaker in a classroom